ORAL HYGIENE CARE Maintaining good oral hygiene is one of the most important things you can do for your teeth and gums. Healthy teeth not only enable you to look and feel good, they make it possible to eat and speak properly. Good oral health is important to your overall well-being. Daily preventive care, including proper brushing and flossing, will help stop problems before they develop. Be very mindful of dietary choices and strictly limit or avoid sugar and refined flour and limit all grains including rice and oats.
In between regular visits to the dentist, there are simple steps that each of us can take to greatly decrease the risk of developing tooth decay, gum disease and other dental problems. These include:
- Brush thoroughly twice a day and floss daily (Down and out technique)
- Eat a balanced diet and limit snacks between meals
- Visit your dentist regularly for professional cleanings and oral exams
- Replace your toothbrush every 3-4 months
- Take supplements daily especially Vitamin C
The following are indications of good oral hygiene:
- Your teeth are clean and free of debris
- Gums are pink and do not hurt or bleed when you brush or floss
- Bad breath is not a constant problem
Disclaimer: This website is a site designed to inform visitors about traditional and alternative dental and/or medical procedures and materials. The information and opinions presented within this website may be controversial and may be disputed by other professionals and organizations. Holistic Dentistry Illinois and Dr. Meyer expressly disclaim all liability arising out of improper interpretation and use of information and links provided. Always consult your healthcare practitioner or treating physician regarding these or other important health issues. All matters pertaining to any reference to patients is herby rescinded as of January 5th, 2013.